Venue: Novotel Sydney Darling Square
“Email is the leading cause of preventable productivity loss in organisations today”
Research shows that over 80 percent of executive level assistants spend more than an hour a day on unnecessary and trivial emails, with 42 percent taking 3 hours or more. That’s up to 40 percent of the working days productivity lost.
Email is the biggest timewaster and source of frustration in the workplace today; your time is too valuable to ever to look at an email more than once.
In all fields of business, production and communication there are established ‘best practice’ methods.
Email is the most widely used form of communication yet most of us are left to work it out for ourselves. Email has created a culture where people have unfiltered communication access to your c-suite.
As a result, executives are struggling to cope with the triple-impact of information, communication and task overload. Their focus has been shifted from high-value leadership tasks, to low-value and non-essential administrative busywork. This trickles down through the organisational structure, causing loss of productivity, unnecessary stress and even mental health issues.
Why attend this masterclass?
This masterclass will show how to permanently eliminate inbox overload and double your productivity, halve the time you currently spend on your inbox and shift from a ‘reactive’ to a ‘proactive’ approach to emails. Email stress will be gone in a day.
If you fully or partially manage your executive’s email, this masterclass will provide you with proven tools to deal with them more effectively. If you don’t manage your executive’s emails you will learn how to increase your own capability, providing the capacity and a compelling case for why they should begin to outsource some, or all aspects of their email over to you.
About the facilitator
Steuart Snooks is an email and workplace productivity expert. A time management consultant since 1997, Steuart specialises in the email-related issues of time management and workplace productivity. He’s spent much of the last decade researching and teaching best practice in managing email overload and communicating effectively via email.
He works with senior executives and their EAs who are overloaded with email and crying out for practical, affordable solutions to the relentless demands of email and the workload it delivers.
What he teaches can change the way you work…forever.
8:30 Registration and breakfast
9:00 Session 1: Inbox vs calendar
- Discover the impacts and implications of email overload – for you and your executive
- Recognise the 3 key strategies for getting control of your inbox
- How to shift your working focus from Inbox to calendar
- When and how often to check incoming email
- How to minimise email interruptions and distractions without missing urgent or important messages
10:30 Morning tea
10:45 Session 2: The power of 4D
- Why you should handle email only once – the Zeigarnik Effect
- The proven 4D methodology for processing email quickly
- Set up a new Triage view of your Inbox (without changing your old way of doing things)
- How to capture next actions and due dates so you don’t have to rely on your memory
- Convert email tasks into the Calendar so that WHAT you need is WHERE you need it for WHEN you need it
- A superior way to manage your workflow and stay on top of issues you need to follow up – no need for flags, categories, action folders etc
- Hands-on implementation on your laptop during the workshop to quickly process email in your inbox
13:00 Session 3: Automate, automate, automate
- Can you think and speak quicker than you can type?
- How to turbo-charge the 4D process
- 7 ways to speed up email replies and processing
- Hands-on implementation to start automating your repetitive email/typing tasks
14:00 Afternoon tea
14:15 Session 4: Simplify and search
- 4 steps to simplify your email folder structure and speed up email filing & retrieving
- Effective ways to use Outlook’s Search function – it’s like ‘google’ for your email
- 2 keys to sending more effective outbound messages
15:00 End of Masterclass