ant to know the latest to unveil a new look or fling open its doors?
In New Zealand:
– The Grand Mercure Auckland has completed its extensive refurbishment and now features more than 200 guest rooms and suites, a library, indoor and outdoor meeting options, plus the largest event space of any hotel in the Britomart area – capacity for 350 cocktail-style.
In the US:
– The 180-room Viceroy Hotel has opened in Chicago. Located in the centre of the Gold Coast neighbourhood, it’s a 25-minute drive from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport and its meeting and event spaces include a ballroom and adjoining terrace.
In the UK:
– North East London’s premium event space, Wellcome Collection, has unveiled two new event spaces. The Reading Room can accommodate up to 160 guests while The Atrium caters for up to 400, ideal for high-profile award ceremonies, charity fundraisers and conferences.
– The super-yacht inspired Southhampton Harbour Hotel & Spa, opens this month with capacity for up 250 in a sophisticated setting with unobstructed marina views. Try the rooftop dining precinct or house guests in one of the 85 luxury rooms.
– Macdonald Windsor Hotel has had an impressive digital up-grade. Catering for between two and 120, all spaces now have access to state-of-the-art Barco ClickShare devices so delegates can connect to a presentation screen wirelessly. The private conference Wi-Fi line ensures high speed connections, too.
– Sofitel Singapore City Centre opens its doors this month. Just 20 minutes from Changi Airport, the 223-room luxury hotel features 20,000 square feet of meeting space, floor-to-ceiling windows, high spec. hotel technology, plus award winning dining options.
In South Africa:
– Radisson RED Cape Town opened in September in the newly revamped V&A Waterfront Silo District. Offering 252 modern rooms, this innovative hotel also boasts four event studios, ranging from 32 to 116 square metres in size, for up to 100.
In the UK:
– The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square has officially opened and the thorough refurbishment of this 19th century Georgian property has resulted a stylish new look for this 199-room, five-storey hotel, complete with six flexible meeting spaces. (pictured above)
– For a meeting with a difference, hire The Hide, located at the heart of Bristol Zoo. This fun and flexible event space caters up to 250, offering early morning breakfast meetings, large-scale networking events and parties.
– Sydney will soon house a new 110-room hotel, with the Veriu Central (a conversion of the heritage-listed Wentworth House) set to open in November. Nestled near Central Station in Surry Hills, it’ll feature a multi-venue street level dining precinct.
– Novotel Melbourne South Wharf (a stone’s throw from the Melbourne Exhibition and Conference Centre) is on track to open in March. It’ll boast 347 rooms over 26 levels, incorporating global Live ‘N’ Dream bedding, interactive TVs, FairTrade bathroom amenities, a 200-seat bar and restaurant.
– The Pan Pacific Yangon, opening in November, will be the first truly international luxury five-star hotel in the Myanmar market. With legendary landmarks on the doorstep, the 25-storey hotel sits within Junction City and will feature a spacious ballroom and a selection of meeting rooms.
– Coming in 2019, Zurich Airport’s Circle Convention Centre will be one of the country’s largest conference facilities. With over 5,000 square metres of function space, it will boast a capacity of 1,500 guests theatre-style and 970 classroom-style, along with 15 meeting rooms.
– The Nido Suite Hotel & Villas, nestled in the south-east corner of Corfu, will open in May 2018. Guests be able to make use of the MarBella Corfu state-of-the-art conference halls; available for up to 550 delegates.